There are hundreds of Driving Instructors in the United Kingdom, just do a Google search for ‘Driving Instructor’ and there are over 4 million results! So finding the right driving instructor for you can be a real challenge. Remember, don’t always just go for the cheapest, often if you are paying less you will be getting less. They could drag the lessons on so you end up paying more!
Below I have listed some of the top qualities you should look for when you are trying to find a driving instructor whose right for you
1. Ensure your instructor is fully qualified: – You must be sure your driving instructor is a fully approved driving instructor (also known as an ADI) All you need to do for this is look in the front windscreen of their car. If they have a green badge this means they are fully qualified, but if it is pink, this means the driving instructor is only a trainee. Trainee’s are still allowed to teach but they shouldn’t be charging as much as fully qualified instructors.
2. Sex: – This can play a big part in choosing the right driving instructor, you need to ask yourself if you would rather get taught by a male or female.
3. Patience: – All driving instructors need to be patient with you, you need somebody who is able to put up with the mistakes you are bound to make. Remember you are learning, so everybody makes mistakes เรียนขับรถ!
4. There Car: – You need to make sure you will be conformable in their car. Smaller cars are perfect for learners as they are easier to maneuver.
5. Reliability: – Your Instructor is not your friend, you should expect your instructor to arrive on time in a suitable vehicle.
6. Punctuality: – It is a very important quality for your instructor to have, of course you want a full Driving Lesson. It can be very frustrating if your instructor constantly arrives late for your lessons.
7. Honesty: – Naturally you will want to save some money so you will in some cases pay for lessons in advance. You must be able to trust your instructor to deliver those lessons once you have paid for them, your instructor will tell you when he/she thinks you are ready for your Driving Test.
8 Studiousness: – A good teacher is always on the lookout for ways to improve their own performance. A good instructor will ask you for your opinion on how they are doing and if there is anything they can improve to help your learning.
9. Self control: – Your instructor has dual controls, they should not keep their feet twitching above them all the time as this will unsettle you and make you feel that you are having wasted Driving Lesson. Caution is good but they should not overdo it.
10. Discipline: – Your Instructor should demonstrate a level of personal discipline in making certain that they and the car are always ready for your Driving Lessons. They should show professional discipline by making sure that they always give you the best quality Driving Instruction they can give you even when they don’t feel like it no matter how good the reason. You have after all paid a lot of money for these lessons.